Friday, December 16, 2005

What a Day!!!

It is 10:51 PM EST, and I have just now sat down! How many more days until Christmas???? I even still have my uniform on!

Today I drove 280 miles driving primarily around my city with a short trip to Hartford. I feel as though I am reliving my days at Camp Ladore where I was Camp Driver for two summers. There are striking similarities. I drove a burgundy Chevrolet van at Camp, and I drive burgundy Chevrolet van here now 12 years later! I also have the same boss! Go figure!

Yes, even though I am deep into the Christmas season, I still have to make weekly trips to DHQ. Regional accounting is a blessing, but the United States Postal Service is unreliable. You would not think that it would take 3 days for a letter or more importantly checks to travel 42 miles, but it does. Never has the term snail mail been more fitting!

Despite all of my stress at this time of year, great things are happening. Elaine and I picked up hundreds of toys for children who might have not otherwise received them. Kettles seem to be picking up after a slow 10 days. Everything is coming together for our 1st distribution in Norwich on Wednesday.

It was a hectic day, but with the Lord's strength, I made it. There are 8 more hectic days ahead, and with His strength not mine, I will make it!

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

1 Comments:

Blogger HuskyGirl74 said...

I always hear your voice out at the reception desk but I have never had the opportunity to pop my head out of the office to say hello! Hopefully I'll be able to peek out at you one of these days ;). ~ LeNissa

Sunday, December 18, 2005 6:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home