Thursday, October 05, 2006

Vacation Report #7--Day at Sea

September 14, 2006

Days at sea! They are a very special thing about cruising. It is a time for total relaxation! You can just sit back, and do as much or as little as you want. As usual, we started our day with a breakfast at Topsiders. We enjoyed the pools before they got too crowded. Elaine, the kids and I then went to see the movie Cars. However, the kids were a little tired and we left about halfway through. I was bummed as I was enjoying the movie. I am sure it will be out on video around the holidays. After the movie, we grabbed a quick bite to eat. Elaine and the kids went to the stateroom to take a nap, and I grabbed my suit and headed for the adult pool. I splashed around a bit by myself. Soon I was joined by mom, dad, and Tracy. Shortly after they arrived some members of the cruise staff came, and started pool games. I bolted up to deck 1o and watched from above as the suckers that volunteered did synchronized swimming and dancing to music!

We all relaxed and just enjoyed the warm breeze as the Magic cut through the smooth ocean. This day, we had about the smoothest seas I have ever seen! You can see from the picture above that the ocean was glass. It was simply amazing!

We enjoyed dinner that evening in Lumiere's. We then made our way to the Walt Disney Theatre to see the show Disney Dreams. This is the original show for Disney Cruise Line. It features Peter Pan as he comes into the bedroom of a young child and convinces her to dream a little bit. Several scenes from Disney movies were featured, and it was a very nice show.

The next day we will be docking in Castaway Cay...Disney's private island. Until then!

1 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

Sounds like a perfect day at sea.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home