Monday, September 04, 2006

Two More Days of Work!

I can't believe it! I only have two more days of work this week.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) promises to be a busy day. I have to meet an elevator consultant at our corps to look into installing an elevator to make the building more handicap accessible. We have a great building in a great location, but having three stories of program space does not make for a productive facility. There is a lot of redevelopment happening in Norwich, and The Salvation Army will perhaps join the city in the renewal.

In addition, I have to do my other work. The deposit needs completed, the bills need to be sent to DHQ for processing and payment. The building needs to be cleaned and prepared for next Sunday. It will be a busy day! Getting things in order before leaving for 11 days always makes things exciting. All of our ducks should be in a row at the corps by tomorrow afternoon!

Wednesday, I have to take my father in law and niece to Boston's Logan Airport to catch a flight back to Buffalo. The problem is that he needs to be there for 7:00 AM! That means I have to be leaving by at least 5:00 AM. Oh well, tomorow will be an early night. I guess I can't watch the entire Yankee game. I am not much of a morning person, but I will burn a few cd's and make sure I am all set for the ride home. Getting in and out of Boston is a nightmare. It is even worse now with the mess at the Ted Williams Tunnel. I saw a funny shirt at Yankee Stadium last week. It was a picture of an I-95 South Sign that said, "New York 227 Miles" The bottom of the shirt said, "the only sign of life in Boston."

On Thursday, although I am on vacation, I will still go to the corps to print my Southwest Airlines boarding passes and to send in the payroll so I and my employee get paid next week. I told Elaine that we will be at the corps no more than a half hour! Let's see if she listens. She is going to attend Home League Thursday night. Hopefully by then the suitcases will be packed and ready to go...maybe even loaded into the the Sienna. I told her to pack light! Although we have a nice big minivan to take us to the airport, when we get to Florida we will have a mid size car.

I must confess that although I have two days of work left, I am pretty much on cruise control for my cruise vacation...no pun intended.

As I type this the Yankees just got the tying run on base. Another exciting game for the Yanks! Its time to stop blogging and get into this game 100%.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

Have a wonderful cruise. I think your vacation will be quite different from the one Uncle Dave and I will be taking in about ten days - we're going whitewater rafting and horseback riding in West Virginia.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Christian said...

The whitewater rafting sounds fun, but I am not a big fan of horseback riding. Did it on my honeymoon, and didn't get too much of a thrill out of dodging tree branches and steering the horse!

Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home