Tuesday, January 16, 2007

American Idol

Tonight is the night! American Idol is back! The television phenomenon and ratings giant will be airing on the FOX network in just under 33 minutes. For the next several weeks, we will see the infamous auditions where wannabe stars come out by the thousands for a chance to be the next American Idol. People who think they have talent, but clearly were not blessed with musical talent from God, will try to convince Randy, Paula, and yes, even Simon that they are worthy for that coveted trip to Hollywood.

The judges are for the most part...great. Of course my favorite is Simon who tells it as is. If a contestant gets a compliment from him, they should cherish it. I also like Randy. He is fair, but doesn't necessarily bruise the ego the way Simon does. I can appreciate Paula as I was in love with her as a teenage boy in the late 80s early 90s. However, she clearly does not have the backbone to be an effective judge.

I am looking forward to the return of one of my favorite tv shows. It should be a fun few months on Tuesday evenings.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never watched this show. People at work talk about it all the time.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Like Evie I do not follow the show...though I hear all about it around the office. It seems to me that the early weeks are a reworked Gong Show.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger HuskyGirl74 said...

I watch it!! I can't help myself. It's like slowing down when you're passing a car accident. You can't help but stop and stare. And hey, it was on last night too :).

Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home