Saturday, March 25, 2006

Spring Campaign Report #5

Saturday was a little bit of a slower day. As I mentioned last night the cadets went door to door on their own in one of the housing projects. They were joined by two kids from the corps who lived there. After a relaxing day we made our way to the Norwich Ice Rink for a youth rally.

What a great night it was! 161 youth and adults were present and most went ice skating, including a large percentage of our divisional staff. I knew we were in trouble when the divisional commander was lacing up his skates! A short Sunday School style devotional was presented by the cadets, and then we were ready to skate!

Many of the kids that came were from inner city Hartford and Bridgeport. I dare say that most of them have never been on the ice before. They had a blast! Pizza and soda was served as people were hungry. It was a great rally. I mentioned to the DYS that this might be something to schedule a couple of times a year. It was different and fun.

Tomorrow is our final day with the cadets. I am anticipating a great Sunday School and Holiness Meeting. My prayer is that we have been travelling all week to the mountain top and that tomorrow will be that mountain top experience.

More to come.

3 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

I agree with your suggestion about having some skating fellowships with some of the nearby corps. It offers fun and entertainment for a wide range of age groups. We used to have monthly roller-skating outings in Harrisburg. Ask your mom about them. :) I don't think you dad ever went but your mom and I went all the time.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 5:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Thanks for these reports, Christian. They become a record of the work of God. Great witness.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:21:00 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

Aunt Evie, I remember those skating parties. They actually played organ music there. I went to a few before my parents went to training, and no, I don't think my dad ever went. If he did it was just to drop us off or pick us up.

Colonel, Thank you for your kind words. I am grateful that we have this medium to get the Good Word of the Lord out.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 9:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home