Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring Campaign Report #1

The cadets arrived today in full force. They stepped out of their van with their sharp jackets and neatly pressed uniforms. The jackets were nice! I wish we had those jackets when I was a cadet, they are very sharp.

After unloading all of their gear, we went on a quick tour of the building. The questions were asked as to what rooms could be used for the specific programs they had planned. After some rehersals and set up, we had a time of prayer, then it was off to Comfort Suites to get checked in.

It was supper time, and time for the Supper Club to begin. The food was ready, and the kids were all there. Chicken Nuggets, mashed potatoes, chips, cookies and juice were the menu. The bellies were filled, and it was time to have Sonday's Cool in the chapel. Sixty seven were in attendance. New London, and Hartford Temple joined us for the evening. Majors Bamford, Captain Richard Lopez joined us from Divisional Headquarters.

Following the Sonday's Cool meeting, 3 of the cadets, the first year contingent, came along with me to Kiwanis. President Toni let the cadets share a little bit about the School, and some turned their sharing into testimonies. I was blessed as I am sure my fellow Kiwanians were as well.

Tomorrow we will do some League of Mercy, or shall I say Community Care Ministries. We will have a great evangelistic meeting in the evening. I am very encouraged initially with the group we have. They seem eager to work and eager to assist.

As promised, I will update each evening with victory reports from each day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

Are your schools on spring break this week? When I was a cadet in Canada the campaigns were timed to coincide with school breaks. That allowed the cadets to conduct VBS meetings during the day and other corps events, visitations, etc., in the evening.

I'm glad you're off to a good start.
By the way, please give Major Lance greetings from Uncle Dave and me. He was a very gracious host to us when we brought a group of college students through Pendel a number of years ago. Also, give our greetings to Major Bamford when you see him again.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger Christian said...

The schools are not on break. Our kids have off the week following Easter. In the Northeast, that is typically the spring break.

I will be sure to give your greetings to Majors Bamford and Major Lance.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home