Monday, January 22, 2007

Winter Has Arrived

The first snow has arrived in Connecticut. It is amazing but it is January 22nd and we have had no snow on the ground until today. It is only a dusting, but the roads are just a little slick. We just arrived home from Divisional Roller Skating and the drive home was a little bit slower to compensate for the little bit of snow on the highways. In fact this evening is the first time I have used my snow brush/scrapper all winter.

The weather this winter has been especially strange. It is hard to believe that southern California and Texas have had measurable snow before New England or the Tri State area of NYC. The midwest and Rockies have been especially hammered.

I have been saying we will either not see any snow, or we will be hammered later on. There are still 8 or so good weeks of solid winter left. We shall see how it plays out.

As for me and my house, I will stock up and windshield washer fulid and I will make sure I get gas for the snowblower! However right now, I have a date with my tivo. I tivo'd 24. I think I am going to like this show.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just got our first snow this past weekend. As I look out my office window, I see that the sun has come out. That means all of the snow will have melted by the time I go home today.

If you've never watched 24 before, get ready for lots of adrenaline and action. It's a good escapist fix.

I read an article recently saying it's propaganda for Bush's War on Terror. PUH-LEAZZE! It's a TV show: lots of explosions, gunfire, crashes, gorgeous lead actor - you know, entertainment!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:38:00 AM  
Blogger Christian said...

I have heard all of the hype about 24 and thought it would be something I would enjoy. Well I did enjoy it very much. I will have to set up a season pass on the Tivo. I currently have 2 other shows on season pass, Battlestar Galactica and Jericho.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home