Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What a Weekend Part 2 and Random Thoughts

Well, I have recovered fully from the Kaleidoscope Congress 2007! All in all it was a good weekend. I was blessed, I got to see my grandparents for a little bit, and even though our van broke down, our new one should be ready any day now. In fact, as soon as Elaine gets back from a meeting, I have to run to the corps and FAX our old registration to the dealer so they can process the new registration.

The General was good. Sometimes due to the sound system it was difficult to understand him, but he was good. The area around Hershey, Harrisburg, and Lancaster is one of my favorite parts of the country despite bad roads courtesy of the PA DOT. I love Pennsylvania, but I do not miss the bad highways and ever present construction! On the way home we were stuck in traffic for an hour on I-78 in the middle of nowhere. It made no sense, but then again it was due to construction. My salvation was that my rental car Chrysler Town and Country had Sirrius satellite radio! I found the 80s station and was set for the whole ride home. I am sure the people in adjacent cars thought I was nuts at times pounding the steering wheel to the beat of an 80s classic. It was funny, Crazy Train by Ozzy Ozbourne came on and I got really excited. One of the people from the corps was a little surprised I knew that song. I confessed to her that was the only Ozzy song I knew...and it was the truth!

The kids are now out of school and summer is here. We have already been to the beach and have ordered our State Park parking pass for the year so that we can get to the beach often. In the past, we have gone on Sundays after church. Even though the water is a bit chilly, there is something very therapeutic about sitting on the beach watching ocean with your feet in the sand.

I know there was nothing really formal about my latest entry...just some random thoughts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

The beach pass sounds like a great plan. Take some sun block too.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

It's great to have summer back! Enjoy the warmth! In general, the lakes of Alberta are too cold to swim in. Most of the lakes and rivers come straight from the glaciers. Those lakes that are not from the mountains are still too cold to swim in. The altitude does not allow for the air temps to warm up enough to make for an enjoyable swim.
We will be heading into southern British Columbia for vacation this summer - to where the air is warmer and the lakes swimmable! Some of the warmest lakes in the country are found in the area we will be passing through. We have not been in a lake for a swim in almost three years.
By the way, the summer solstice is upon us. The sun begins to pokes it way up before 4am and does nor does the light disappear until well after 11pm

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home