Thursday, May 24, 2007

Entertainment Rant

Okay, I know I haven't blogged in a while, but I haven't had too much to talk about. As I was browsing through some other blogs, I thought of my current rant...the entertainment industry.

I am a little irritated with the CBS Network right now. Last week, it was confirmed that my favorite new show, Jericho would not be picked up for a second season. Their excuse was that the ratings started strong, but struggled after the holiday hiatus. Anything will fail when it has to go head to head with American Idol auditions! I was angry, sad, you name it at CBS. The VP who made the press release went on to say that serial dramas are not popular with viewers and that CBS has the CSI in its varied forms to appeal to viewers.

I am also irritated at the cost for movies. Last weekend while my wife was away at Youth Councils, I took my kids to see Shrek the Third. We went to a matinee, and the tickets were $19.00 for the three of us...for a matinee! I then proceeded to the snack area for snacks. I am fine without snacks as I think they are overpriced into the stratosphere! I can't however convince a 7 and a 5 year old that they can go to a movie without a popcorn and soda. I got my kids each a kids snack pack which included an 8 oz soda, small bag of fruit snacks, and a very tiny bit of popcorn. I then thought, I might as well get a soda. Those things came to a total of $14.50!!!!! Then, the theater tried to charge me for it twice! I told the guy, you broke my bank once already, I don't need to give you anymore.

There are other movies I want to see this summer, but I am thinking I can wait until Christmas. You know all of the summer blockbusters will be out on DVD by the holidays to cash in on holiday sales. I can rent the movies for a dollar at Stop & Shop!

The movie was good. I didn't think it was as good as the first or second, but there is a neat bit in it that paid homage to the James Bond movie Live and let Die. I was singing along the song in the theater.

1 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

Uncle Dave and I only go to a movie once or twice a year. Even then, we only go if it's a movie we really want to see in the theatre - some special effects stuff is best on the large screen - or we just need a night out. I rarely bother renting DVDs any more either. I just buy the used ones for $5 - $10 each.

Saturday, May 26, 2007 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home