Saturday, March 28, 2009

My 2nd Home...Section 237

Yesterday, I received the telephone call I have been waiting all winter for. I received a call from the New York Yankees regarding my relocation and season ticket plan for the new stadium. I have been on pins and needles all winter, thinking that I might be squeezed out of the new stadium based on my relatively low (2 year) seniority and the fact that I also get the smallest ticket package.

I was given a few seating options including the terrace level and main level, but I am a bleacher guy. So for slightly more than a price of a movie, I can go see the New York Yankees in their brand new home, and see Mariano Rivera close out a game, Mark Teixeira hit a homer to score a few runs, and see Derek Jeter inside out a clutch hit.

My new home is Section 237. It is a significant change from last year where I was in the right field bleachers with the world renowned "Bleacher Creatures," but I am nonetheless thrilled to be in the new stadium. As a result, I now have a home in the new stadium for as long as I see fit and as long as I can afford. Here is a computer generated image with Section 237 circled in red.
The seats look convenient to monument park, and the Center Field Food Court. When I go to my first game this season on April 17th, we are purposely getting there very early so that we can wander around a bit and check out the new digs.

So there you have it. I am a very happy Yankee fan and have been on Cloud 9 since yesterday around 1:00 PM.

5 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

Congratulations on your new home. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun there. I suppose Elaine will only start to worry if you take a sleeping bag, a cooler and a Coleman stove with you.

Monday, March 30, 2009 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Its a good thing its not in the sections on either side of the center field thing, that have obstructed views. I read an article about those seats today and how some people were really upset about not being able to see a good part of the outfield due to the wall there.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

Josh, those seats are being sold for $5 each. I would take an obstruction for that price. I am happy my seats aren't obstructed though!

It's sad that a 1.3 Billion dollar stadium in 2009 has to have obstructed seats. They care more about the high end sports bar than they do for their bleacher fans paying $12, or now $5 for a ticket.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Enjoy the bleachers and the games. They should have another good year. Remember, save your voice on Saturdays for Sunday morning

Saturday, April 04, 2009 11:58:00 PM  
Blogger Evie said...

I would take an obstruction for that price.

I would not take an obstructed seat for any price. I would not even take an obstructed seat for free. My TV screen is only obstructed when Dave stands in front of it - and he's a removable obstruction.

It's sad that a 1.3 Billion dollar stadium in 2009 has to have obstructed seats.

I disagree. That stadium does not have to have obstructed seats. There is no reason for designing a modern stadium with obstructed seats except laziness. People who buy those seats are rewarding that laziness instead of demanding to be treated with respect. Fans will never be respected as long as enough of them are willing to be doormats.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home