Sunday, March 26, 2006

Final Spring Campaign Report and Reflections

Well that's it! The cadets are home and things are settling back to normal in Norwich. Today we journeyed to the mountain top. Sunday School began with a united meeting. The cadets pulled out all of their creativity in planning a great Sunday School. The kids and adults had a good time.

After a brief "intermission" the Holiness meeting commenced. A very well planned meeting touched all in attendance. There were old hymns, contemporary choruses, drama, children's five, and testimonies shared. It was a true holiness meeting. Cadet David Childs brought forth the Word. He spoke from Romans chapter 14 on unity. The topic stirred my spirit, and I am sure I speak for the entire congregation. After a time of presentations, the cadets presented Elaine and I some gifts, we of course presented a gift to the brigade. Much to the joy of Elaine and I, we were presented with SFOT jackets! The same ones I bragged about in my Spring Campaign report #1 entry. Thanks Don, Renee, Dave, Stephanie, Daryl, Erika, Kipp, Rickie, Heather and Jun. You were a true blessing to all of us in Norwich. My son won't know what to do when we go to the corps tomorrow and Jun isn't there!

In reflecting on the campaign, I have to say that much has changed at the SFOT in the 10 years since I entered, but change is good. The cadets came armed with the necessary technological gadgets to reach people of the 21st century. They had awesome power point presentations, MP3 players, electronic keyboards, and other things I am sure that I didn't catch or don't know what they are. They even all had cell phones! When I was a cadet no one, not even staff officers had cell phones. Oh, I said it, "when I was a cadet." I must be transitioning to an old officer! Only kidding.

Much can be said about the SFOT and it often becomes a hot topic for field officers. After having just been at the Mission and Ministries Forum where the forum topic was the SFOT and Continuing Education, I feel safe to say that we are training officers in a positive manner and that they are being properly trained for the field. Can some things be changed? Sure, but things will always require change. We live in a changing world, and as The Salvation Army of the 21st century we have to adapt and change to reach this dying world. I dare say William Booth would have it no other way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

Thanks for sharing these reports. It's been fun and inspiring to read about the great things that are happening in Norwich.

Monday, March 27, 2006 11:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a great time. Thanks for the opportunity. Our prayer is that the Holy Spirit continue to move in Norwich.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home