Monday, January 30, 2006

Where is Winter???

Is it just me or has winter been noticeably absent this year. For much of January, the temperature was near 50+ degrees here in Connecticut. The ground freezes overnight, then thaws the next morning. We have received a total of about 6 inches of snow thus far, thats it!

Just prior to our first and only major snowstorm, I rushed to Hartford to pick up a check for a brand new snowblower. This same machine has been idle in my garage since the beginning of December!

There is the potential for a nor'easter tomorrow, but the temperatures are still mild, and it appears the storm will remain at sea. No snow is good for a few reasons. In Maine, I used to get a lot of grass killed during the harsh winters. Another reason is there is less salt put down on the roads to corrode cars.

As we approach the eve of February, I am not getting comfortable in this mild weather. I can recall many nor'easters hitting well into March. Spring is a long way away, but then again, pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in a couple of weeks.

We shall see...what February and March have in store for us.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've asked the same question, but I'm not complaining! I'm rather enjoying the mild weather we've had in northern Virginia this winter. I keep thinking it will end with a blizzard sometime in the next few weeks, probably on President's Day weekend.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

They are saying we MAY get a winter storm this weekend! Who knows, I won't believe it until I have to start the snowblower!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home