Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New TV Season--Termintor--The Sarah Connor Chronicles & Others

After a relatively tame fall televsion season as far as shows for me goes, it seems that things are beginning to really heat up for me.

I have heard the various plugs on both tv and the radio about the new fox Show, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Being a fan of the franchise, I was somewhat reluctant. I mean, come on, a tv show about such a well known film icon as The Terminator? What is Fox thinking? After hearing yet another plug on the radio, I went home and tried to set the Tivo. I couldn't come up with the correct name in the search, and gave up trying to set the Tivo. However, as I watched the Giants/Cowboys game on Fox, yet another commerical came on advertising it, with the thumbs up Tivo icon flashing in the corner telling me to press "thumb ups" to record. I did so.

I didn't get a chance to watch it Sunday night as I helped get the kids to sleep, but following dinner Monday night as the kids were getting their baths and playing, I decided to sit down and watch the pilot. Wow!!!! This show was pretty impressive. The action is non stop and the first hour was like a min Terminator movie. The actors I think are rather impressive despite having big shoes to fill, namely the actress who plays Sarah Connor. There is a lot of fighting and shooting, but done reasonably well for primetime TV. After watching the pilot, I could not wait the 2 hours for the 2nd episode to air. Following watching the pilot, I set up a Season Pass on the Tivo. I don't know how I ever lived without Tivo!!!!

Another show that Jay and I watch together is the reincarnation of American Gladiators. Sure it is campy, sure it has some bad writing. It's hosted by Hulk Hogan, and he has never been camera shy. Regardless, its fun tv and Jay and I have a good time watching it together. On Sunday as we were getting ready for church to start, he said to me, "Daddy, I want to be on American Gladiators when i grow up, not a gladiator, but one of the blue or red guys (contenders)." He thinks the "big girl" is rather impressive. Her name is Helga and lets just say she is the only gladiator to wear a skirt instead of the rather tight high cut shorts. Last night, Helga got launced in Assault into a the pool to get defeated. Jay especially enjoyed that.

The excitement never ends it seems. As a child I was a huge fan of Knight Rider. Most of my readers know that ever since I was a child, I have been a car nut, so a show about a super car is right up my alley. It can be 1983 or 2008, sign me up! There have been some teasers on NBC and the internet giving some hints about this incarnation of this classic show. Some facts: KITT is now a Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby. Of course black in color and has the red rolling strobe, but I believe he has double strobes under the hood scoop. In the one teaser I have seen, we see the shape of a Mustang under a sheet, after a few seconds, we see the red strobe start to begin, and we hear the words, "hello Mike." It should be a good time, I can't wait.

Of course a lot of the timing of this and my other favorite shows hinge on the writer's strike. I also can't wait for Jericho and Battlestar Galatica to return. However, the few I mentioned should keep my interest for a while. So far, so good!

2 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

I remember watching Knight Rider. Man, was it that long ago? I haven't got a clue what's on TV these days. The only effect the writer's strike has had on me is with The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Otherwise, if I watch TV at all, I watch sports, movies and news.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thank you for the report. I have seen the ads but have yet to tune it. Maybe this week I will do just that.

Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home