Friday, February 08, 2008

Section 39 Here I Come!

Today has been a good day. I spent the afternoon at Mohegan Sun watching the annual Mike and the Mad Dog Show celebrating the Jon Ellis Dinner. I got to once again see some Yankee Greats in person. These included..

Mel Stottlemyre

Don Zimmer

Jon Ellis

Moose Skowron

Robinson Cano

Goose Gossage

Don Mattingly


There were other greats there that included Detroit Tigers Manager Jim Leland. I also got to meet Christopher "Mad Dog" Russo and have my picture taken with him. He seems like a really great guy and was very friendly and courteous.


One of the neatest things was upon returning to the Wolf's Den following a quick bite to eat, I looked at who was walking in front of me and it was none other than Goose Gossage. He is a pretty big guy! Unfortunately, my ball and pen were left at the table I was walking to, so I didn't get his autograph! Ah timing is everything, but it was neat to be so close to the newest Hall of Famer. A similar situation happend earlier as I virtually bumped into Mel Stottlemyre.


I met an officer friend there and we had a good time together. It was a fun and great day. However the icing on the cake was returning home to check my email and to see that the Yankees wanted me to contact them regarding my season ticket plan. I immediately called the Yankees Ticket Office and talked to a representative. I am so excited as I was able to score seats in Section 39, row HH. If anyone is remotely familar with the Yankees, this is the home section for the Bleacher Creatures. I am excited to join this band of faithful, crazy Yankee fans, and look forward to April 30th when I can attend my first game. Perhaps by the Red Sox game on July 3rd, I will truly be able to wear a Bleacher Creature T-shirt.


Section 39, here I come!

5 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

Sounds like a day in Yankee Heaven. You'll be sitting in those bleachers before you know it.

Monday, February 11, 2008 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Did you get any autographs?

Monday, February 11, 2008 8:42:00 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

No autographs! Came close but didn't have that perfect timing.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I fear that one of my pride and joy autograph I have had since 91 is going to be removed from public display and put into the back a drawer...an autographed ball by the Rocket.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

2 years ago, I was able to get Joe Pepitone's autograph and have my picture taken with him. See February 06 blog entries.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home