Wednesday, February 07, 2007

PC at the Geek Squad

Thank goodness for the Geek Squad! No I am not being rude and putting myself on an intellectual pedestal. I am truly grateful to the Geek Squad at Best Buy.

Over the weekend, my laptop was shutting down early due to overheating. I got online at work, (on my desktop), and chatted with a Geek. He told me I should bring in my laptop. The next day bright and early I made a journey to the Waterford Best Buy to see what they could do with my computer.'

It seems that my computer has a lot of dust in it which is causing it to run hot. So it is away being opened up and cleaned out. The Geek at the Best Buy told me that was probably in the best interest of the longevity of my computer. I will be without it for about 2 weeks, but that is okay as I am going to Asbury Theological Seminary in Kentucky for 6 days next week. I was hoping to be able to take my computer as my work is on that, but oh well, this is better for it in the end. The only drag is now I have to finish my assignments on my work computer which is not as convenient.

I am truly grateful for A) my service plan, and B) the Geek squad for always being there to help a guy like me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Years ago I had a minor overheating problem too caused by the same problem. Fortunately I had the items needed to correct the problem.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

The problem with mine is the fan is not accessible without opening everything. The Geek that helped me the other day told me his laptop has a removable cover on the fan and he was able to remove that and really get things cleaned up.

Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home