Thursday, February 14, 2008

Random Thoughts

While I don't have anything specific to blog about tonight, I thought I would just throw some random thoughts out there.

Presidential Politics
I just want to gloat for a few mintues that Hillary Clinton is no longer the front runner for the Democratic nominee. I think she is polarizing, corrupt, and on the fence on many issues depending on what the polling numbers go. The last thing this country needs is Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton. Why should the same two families have the Executive Branch of Government for potentially 28 years. That is not change like Senator Clinton is promoting. Oh Well, go Barack! Work hard in Texas and Ohio!

Steroids in Baseball
My oh my! Thanks to a 90 minute school delay yesterday, and having my morning totally screwed up by that, I was able to watch a good portion of the debacle on Capital Hill yesterday. I must say that I have lost all respect for Roger Clemens. I once made a special trip to Toronto from Buffalo to see him pitch for the Yankees in 2001. I wanted to say, "I saw the Rocket pitch", and I got giddy along with most Yankee fans in May of last year when he stood in George Steinbrenner's box at Yankee stadium and said, "they came and got me out of Texas, I'll be talking to ya'll real soon." All that is gone now. He not only appeared to lie through his teeth, but even threw his beautiful wife under the bus. I mean come on, do you mean to tell me that this guy McNamee was in the Clemens bedroom injecting illegal drugs into Debbie Clemens butt and Roger not knowing about it?? It is becoming more and more bizarre and it appears that the book may be closed on this...for now. This brings me to my next thought...

Spring Training
Today at noon was the time for pitchers and catchers to report to the Yankee Complexes on Dale Mabry Highway in Tampa. This is an exciting time. The boys of summer are getting ready for the 2008 season. For the Yankees and their fans this is an interesting time as half of the starting rotation is under the age of 25...Chien Ming Wang, Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy, and Joba Chamberlin are all youngsters. Andy Pettitte and Mike Mussina are the veterans on staff and should assist these guys well. This is unusual for the Yankees to focus on a youth movement, but these kids have some great potential. Joba is especially impressive as is Hughes. In addition to the kids, A-Rod is back, as is Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera. I am excited to consider myself a fan of this group. I will be listening to sports talk and reading the offical releases as the spring unfolds and they prepare to come north for the last year of baseball in the current Yankee Stadium.

Birthday Wishes
Today is my baby girl's 8th birthday. I can't believe that Sammi is now 8 years old and that she has been a part of our lives for so long. She is truly a unique kid and we all love her very much. However, when our kids age it means that we age, and i am always reminded of that as I use this very computer with its silver keyboard. Since it is silver, it is very easy to see the hairs that fall off of my head as I continue the balding process. Oh well, I guess I can thank Mom and her genes for that!

Happy Birthday Sammi!
Go Yankees!
Go Barack Obama!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Happy birthday Sammi. I hope you had an excellent day.

On the election, Obama will take Ohio and likely Texas. He as more money. Her core is starting to shift in an effort to unit the Democrats. Also, we see in the results since Iowa that white middle aged to retired men are not prepared to have a female as President. Though racism exists, it is less intense than sexism.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Library Mary said...

It's interesting that here in Ohio, the R candidate is already chosen even before our primary....SO, the push is on for people to rally against a particular D candidate rather than bother voting R. So, it will be interesting to see how things go in Ohio. I too, am not much in favor of Hilary taking office, I wish Obama had more experience because I think that his lack of experience will allow his decision making to be swayed by the likes of Kennedy and others. Besides, when she speaks, I feel like it's my Mother yelling at me.....Ugh, can't have more of that! Although I have mostly voted R, I am a "candidate" voter rather than a party voter.....not always a good thing, but I figure the president doesn't make decisions by himself. I am however, sick of the whole "D .vs R" deal.....also, although I think the war is a necessary evil, I'd like the troops and their families to have a break....let them come home.....the Dem's say they'll do it. That will make a lot of mothers happy.

Speaking of happy.....Happy Valentine's Day....and Happy Birthday to Sammi.....M

Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Evie said...

Happy belated birthday to Sammi!

I'm already sick of the election and we have another nine months or so to go before we "pull the lever." Well, to be accurate, we use a touch screen voting machine in Virginia. I actually did have to pull a huge, heavy lever in Kentucky many years ago. I wonder what voting technology they're using there now?

As for MBL - the steroids business is yet another reason for me not to pay any attention to what has become a grossly corrupt enterprise. I'll stick with the minor leagues.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home