Sunday, February 11, 2007

Safe In Kentucky

Everything went well today as I traveled to Kentucky. US Airways provided safe and smooth transportation and my luggage arrived when I did. That is always a good thing. I was picked up at the airport by my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and cousin's husband. We enjoyed a good meal at a place called Ramsey's. I was told by my cousin Krista that it is a "Lexington institution." I did enjoy my chicken and dumplings as I don't get good southern food in New England. After enjoying a good time with the Kentucky members of my family, I was dropped off at Asbury. I got my room and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon.

I enjoyed dinner then with some Asbury College students who are close family friends. After the good food that I had today, I should be fattened up enough to live this week considering the food at the Seminary is not too great!

Tomorrow the Symposium starts. I am excited to see what is in store for the week. It looks like I will have some good one on one time with my preaching mentor, as well as quality class time. There is a business center here at the Asbury Inn, so I will be sure to give daily updates.

Well, I am off to the room to find something to do until Battlestar Galactica comes on.


3 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

I'm glad your trip went well, especially the coordinated arrival of you and your luggage.

Joshua's trip home from San Antonio last month was an adventure. First, his original flight was canceled because of thunderstorms. Then his second flight from Dallas was delayed because his plane had to wait awhile to get from Denver to Dallas - more storms. He was supposed to arrive around midnight. He arrived at around 2:00 AM. His luggage arrived more than 23 hours later. The airline delivered it to our home at 1:30 AM. I hope his next trip in a couple weeks is more mundane.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

If you see Dotti, Steve, Krista and Adam again, give them our love.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

I hope the flight home is as uneventful! We have a 3 hour layover in Charlotte. The airport there is rather small considering it is a US Airways hub.

There have been times when I have been in a seat directly over the luggage compartment and have watched my luggage being loaded up the conveyor

Monday, February 12, 2007 3:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home