Friday, August 29, 2008

Vacation at Rehoboth

Its been a while since I have posted, but we have had a busy few weeks. This culminated with our annual trek to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Rehoboth has been important to our family since 1981 when Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa and I went down and spent a week there. I fell in love with the water and the rides at the tender age of 7 and had a great time. The following year, Aunt Dot, Uncle Steve and Krista joined us and that was a lot of fun. It's always good to have a cousin to hang out with and ride rides with! It was also our last vacation with Grandpa and I have some great memories of that week.

Over the years, beginning in 1986, my parents began regular trips. I joined them in 1986-1988, then I began working at Camp. I would not resume going again until 1999, then as a married man.


This year our kids were really looking forward to going. Jay kept saying, "Dad, only two more days until we can eat Rehoboth and eat Grotto Pizza. Sam was looking forward to riding the Haunted Mansion and her new favorite ride--The Paratrooper, a ride that was once my favorite also.
We awoke Saturday the 9th and began our trek through, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Delaware. We hit some serious traffic in Central New Jersey, but this would be a blessing in disguise as the traffic around Rehoboth had dissapated by the time we got there.
We enjoyed our regular first evening dinner...Grotto Pizza. The kids went on rides, played games etc.
It was a great week. The water could have been warmer, but we were still able to enjoy it. I read a book while having my feet in the sand. In fact, I read Barack Obama's The Audacity of Hope. I enjoyed it and reading helped me see that this man who is now the Democratic Nominee is a real guy. He seems like one of us.On the way home, we stopped quickly in Lancaster County to visit Grandma and stopped by to see Grandpa at the Nursing Home. Mom, Dad and Tracy stayed behind a day, but we returned back home on Saturday. On the way home, driving up I-95, I was excited to get home. It was good to go on vacation, but once I am in the car going home, I want to get home!
Our next big vacation will be another cruise with Mom, Dad and Tracy next fall. That should be a good time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

Thanks for the update. It looks like you all had a great time.

Friday, August 29, 2008 9:20:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I love the look of that Pizza. Even more so I like to the happy look on the kids' faces indicating that you have been creating great memories that will last a life time.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 4:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home