Saturday, May 10, 2008

Random Thoughts...

It is one of those days where there is a whole lot of nothing on my mind. I spent the last 15 or so minutes catching up on the various blogs on my favorites, and after reading about vacations at the beach, politics, drum corps among other things, I thought it was time for me to update as well. It is one of those days where I will summarize some Random Thoughts.

Politics...
Hillary please drop out! It is obvious you lost! Is your ego really that big that you honestly think you have a chance at the nomination??? The Clintons are really something else and believe that they are truly in a different league. The numbers and math add up to an Obama victory as the presumptive nominee. This was further enforced by his almost rock star reception given to him on Capital Hill the other day. Drop out now Hillary and save what sliver of dignity you may have left in you.

Awesome Music...
I got an iPod for Christmas and for that I need to thank my awesome mom for getting it for me. Prior to using itunes as my music provider on my pc, I used Napster. On one of my old computers, I had some great songs that I purchased from Napster. This computer has not been used since the summer, and as a result, those great songs never made it to itunes and my new computer. Last evening I pulled the old computer out, went through several tries to remember my Napster password, and was able to burn 4 cd's of great songs. I did have to add them manually to itunes, but it was soooo worth it in the end. Last evening I watched tv with the closed captioning on, so I could listen to the newest additions to my iPod. Now all I need is a FM modulater for road trips!

Vacations...
This summer our vacation time is scattered all throughout the summer months. It's great, because there is rarely more than a few weeks between the various excursions. This will start with a weekend trip to Lancaster County, PA to celebrate Grandma's 80th birthday. This will be over Memorial Day Weekend and will be immediately preceeded by a Yankee Game against Baltimore for Dad and I. This will be a great time for our family to get together again. Last time Elaine was not able to join but she will this time. I am looking forward to Elaine getting to know members of my family that don't really know her.

Our next vacation will take place the 2nd week of July where we will go to upstate New York to visit Elaines family and journey up along the souther and eastern shore of Lake Ontario and spend a day at 1000 Islands. I have never been to this part of the country and am looking forward to it. We will be home from that for a few days before travelling to Maine and spending a few days on Sebago Lake with Mom, Dad, and Tracy. That will be a good time and Sebago is an awesome lake, a little chilly, but absolutely beautiful.

After returning from Maine, we will be home a few weeks before heading out to Rehoboth Beach for our annual vacation there. My kids, like Tracy and I have fallen in love with this seaside resort. In fact, when we were planning a possible trip or cruise next summer, Jay got upset because Rehoboth wasn't in the plans. He would rather go to Rehoboth than DisneyWorld! He has been saving all of his change for his favorite "Pirate Game" on the boardwalk.

So there you have it, my random thoughts for the day. Now the Yankees are on, so I will focus my attention to the game taking place in Detroit. Go Yanks!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

Some great vacation plans! You will love upstate NY and the 1,000 Islands. It's a gorgeous area.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Make sure you take the boat tour of the Thousand Islands. Take a day and cross the river to go to the old fort in Kingston. It is not a recreation. Our vacation goes two directions this summer...to Erie (to catch the Crossmen) and western PA and then to pick Josh up in Indiana and take him to Baton Rouge.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 6:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home