Sunday, April 20, 2008

Worst Flying Experience/Aircraft I have Flown in

I will complete the last of the blog challenge today, but also issue a challenge of my own to my readers. After I tell my very short worst flying experience, I will list the aircraft I have flown in and number or times/legs in each airframe model. I am a plane junkie, what can I say!

Worst Flying Experience

While on my last cruise, I developed a nasty head cold the last few days. The day we disembarked, I had a particularly bad runny nose, and spent the day at Sea World while waiting for our flight home to Connecticut. While at Sea World, I kept a supply of paper towels with me to take care of the constant drip. On the flight home, we were over Long Island, NY when we began our initial approach into Bradley. When the plane dipped its nose, I felt the mucus in my cheek sinus cavities move into my ears, while making a crackling noise. I could not unclog it, and my ears were popped for at least a week due to this.

I understand that is not a major issue, but I have stayed informed and do my homework while traveling. Not a whole lot is unexpected when I fly.

Aircraft I have flown in

McDonnell Douglas DC-9 5 Legs
Boeing 737 (various models) 10 (I think!!!!)
McDonnell Douglas MD-80 6 legs
Boeing 767 3 legs
ATR-72 (turboprop) 2 legs
Airbus A320 1 leg
Saab 340 (turboprop) 1 leg
ATR 42 (turboprop) 1 leg
Fairchild 328 Jet 1 leg
Canadair C-100 Regional Jet 5 legs
Canadair C-700 Regional Jet 1 leg
Boeing 757 5 legs
Cessna 152 (single engine trainer) 1 leg

Wow, now that was a challenge! I had to count each multiple times. I should have had paper, but if there is anyone savy enough to try this, I welcome it, and would enjoy seeing the aircraft you have flown on.

Of those planes, I do have some favorites. I would have to say that my favorite aircraft to fly in is the Boeing 757 and MD-80. Both are very comfortable, and the 757 is just fast. It climbs very well! I enjoy the 2-3 seating arrangement in the MD-80 and being the plane junkie I am, I enjoy sitting about 2/3 of the way back and hearing those fuselage mounted Pratt and Whitney JT8D engines spool up.

I look forward to seeing the responses.

4 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

I posted my worst experience in a long comment on Dave's blog: flying to and from your Grandma and Grandpa's wedding in 1985.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I have lost track of how many different aircraft I have flown.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:40:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

I wish I could remember all the different kinds of planes I have flown on. I'll list what I do know:

Boeing 737, 747, De Havilland Dash 8-300, Canadaire CJR 100, a couple of 4 seater planes, and a 20 seat puddle jumper that skipped across Newfoundland back in 1982.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Worst Plane Flight: It was in the Newfoundland puddle jumper that bounced around, rose and fell throughout the journey during a rare thunderstorm. It was a heart stopper!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home